Archive

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Casual outfit of the day: Next shirt & coat, H&M Jeans, New Look chelsea boots


 Since I started my first proper job based in the office after I graduated from the university, I've really learned to appreciate casual clothes. Although, my office dress code isn't extremely strict, they're some rules I need to follow, which means casual jeans are not exactly the best choice for this kind of environment.

We need to remember to wear smart clothes in order to look presentable. We also need to be careful when pairing clothes together to avoid looking too 'relaxed' or 'effortless'.
This is why I really enjoy the time (normally off work, unless we have a 'dress-down day') when I can wear what I truly want. My casual shirt from Next is great for such sunny days like today. Made from 100% cotton, it kept my body temperature on the right level - it didn't feel to warm or cold despite it was quite windy. The coat made of 48% wool, which I bought on Next's sale turned out to be too warm for today's weather, however I'll still keep it handy, as our weather remains capricious and you never know what to expect. On the bottom I decided to wear the most comfortable jeans I owe - these are from H&M, and paired it with my quite high but still comfy chelsea boots from New Look. I covered myself with a cashmere scarf, but I have to admit it was just to create that 'effortless look', but in reality I took it off as soon as possible, as I simply felt too hot.









No comments: