Archive

Friday 29 August 2014

Difference between Fashion and Style


Have you ever thought that Fashion and Style stand for something different? Someone who's fashionable, not necessary have to be stylish. You then may ask: how is it possible? Well, yes it is, and what is more, the difference is quite obvious. Let's start with quick definitions of Fashion and Style, which will explain in simple words what these two things mean.

Fashion is what is currently trendy in fashion right now: what is being featured in fashion magazines and shown on runways and in TV. On the other hand, Style is unique to everyone: it is something modified and customised to suit each person's body shape and express personality and individuality.
Being fashionable is strictly about following, not thinking if it actually suits the skin tine and body shape: weight, height and muscle tone. Some people don't care if the trend is ugly (I'm not trying to suggest anything but these ugly flats...), if it goes with their personality and it doesn't flatter their body shape.
On the other hand, a stylish person cares a lot about what flatters their skin tone, body shape, hair colour, regardless if it goes against what's in fashion.
Personally, it took me a while to realise what suits me best and to find out what I like the most, and then start dressing this way. Fashion is great, and it will always be an inspiration. However, having your own style makes you an independent and unique individual, who I finally got a chance to feel like. I found my style. I hope you all will too.









No comments: