Archive

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Leicester City Centre: St Martin's Square, The Lanes and Arcades; OOTD: Karen Millen camel coat


I have this privilege of living right in the heart of Leicester's city centre. Although the good first impression has faded away with the 13th month of my living in here, I have to admit, it's still nice to walk around these narrow streets full of quirky shops, boutiques, and private owned coffee shops.

Of course, I'm talking about the St Martin's Square, The Lanes and Arcades. It's unbelievable how beautifully and smoothly the time passes while you explore this colourful area. Whenever I need to forget about my problems and get away from my often focused on work fast passing life, I choose to spend some time there. Drinking good ground arabica coffee, watching people either chatting or reading a book in cosy cafes or those just passing by, I feel like the time passes much slower there. Whenever I look for organic food, fair trade products, fashion from local designers or... live played jazz,  this is the right place. A true gem! The unique atmosphere of this place welcomes, attracts and encourages to stay for long, long hours and eventually turns you into a frequent visitor. I warmly encourage you to visit this place. If you are tired of people constantly rushing and running from one place to another, if you can't stand busy shopping centres and tension that surrounds it, there's no better place to be in Leicester.


















No comments: