Archive

Monday 21 March 2016

Derby and the oldest pub Ye Olde Dolphin Inn. Waven trousers, H&M sweater dress, Next fringe boots, Asos coat


We have never been to Derby before and so we decided to visit the city known for its famous beer and silk production.

 While walking around the city centre, I've noticed that this place is much calmer compared to other cities or towns in England. Life seems to be much slower here and people look relaxed. Although my first impressions of architecture and the city's structure weren't any different to these I had from other places I've visited in England, there was one very noticeable thing about Derby that I need to mention. Namely, it seemed like a fairly clean place. Every other city I have been to on a Sunday morning was cluttered with empty boxes, food waste, bottles lying around and full council bins, but not Derby. This place, on the day I visited, was extremely clean and esthetic.

The place worth recommending when you look for the place to eat is the oldest Derby's pub called Ye Olde Dolphin Inn. My partner and I have had a delicious homemade dinner prepared by the pub's chef. I chose breaded chicken kiev with chips on the side while my partner chose lamb liver with mashed potato.

For this trip, I chose to wear classic black jeans from Waven, sweater dress from H&M and fringe suede ankle boots from Next. Because it was a quite chilly day, I also put on a camel coat from Asos.























Pictures by me and Sokolowky

No comments: