Archive

Thursday 22 May 2014

Busy times - teenage cancer radio project

I'm currently working on a radio project about teenage cancer, particularly how to raise cancer awareness and encourage young people to examine their bodies on a regular basis. Youngsters often associate cancer with older age and don't realise that this disease may happen to them. It is important to not ignore certain signs, like instant tiredness, pains or any changes in their body, like lumps, bruises, discharges. Some types of cancer can only be detected by doing a scan anmd then further examined by performing biopsy. 
It is a very hard topic, and the people who provide help to people affected by cancer, including oncologists, nurses, fundraisers, are often very busy. Therefore, it is extremely hard to get in touch with them, which is why recently I spend most of time by calling people and emailing them to try to encourage them to find a few spare minutes to give me an interview for my radio project.
Why am I telling you this? It's because I haven't posted anything for a while. I really want to do so, but I currently have no time for a photoshot and a new post. However, I promise that I will some back soon with new, colourful and inspiring posts about fashion!
In the meantime, you can listen to the radio projects I have produced so far, here: Radio Portfolio.
And have a look at my TV project about Employment Discrimination, here: Employment Discrimination TV Project.


I hope you will like it.

Enjoy!

No comments: